Abalone Baked En Papillote
with Lap Cheong and Baby Tomato
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 6 pieces Ausab Premium Australian Abalone, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight
- 6 pieces of grease proof paper cut into circles
- 1 Lap Cheong sausage, finely sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 finely sliced pieces of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of lemon infused olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Clean the abalone and slice the meat horizontally into 3-4mm thick pieces.
- Evenly divide the abalone, Lap Cheong, tomatoes and ginger in the centre of each piece of grease proof paper.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Brush egg onto bottom half of the paper circle, fold over and seal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut open paper to serve.