Preparing Canned Abalone
A quick guide to cooking with Ausab Abalone in Brine
Ausab Canned Abalone is a versatile product that requires minimal effort to create the perfect meal at home. The abalone is completely cleaned and cooked, and ready to eat. With a unique umami flavor, it can be used in many different ways. The meat is smooth and tender, and the perfect balance between sweet and salty.
Ensure the canned abalone is stored in a well ventilated, cool place out of direct sunlight.
How to Prepare the Abalone
The abalone is canned, ready to eat with mouth attached. To preserve it’s tender texture, it is best to use the abalone when just heated through. This can be achieved by using the abalone at the end of cooking, or slowly heated in the can.
To safely heat the abalone in it’s can follow these steps:
- Leave the can unopened and remove all labels.
- Place the can into a pot of water so that it is fully submerged and is horizontal.
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer and leave submerged for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and wait for the water to cool before carefully lifting the
can out of the water with large tongs.
- Open the can once it is cool enough to handle.
- The abalone can be served whole or sliced thinly.
Canned Abalone Recipes
- Teriyaki Abalone
- Abalone Soup
- Miso Grilled Abalone
- Chicken and Abalone Congee
- Stir Fry Abalone Noodles