Slow Cooked Abalone with Vegetables
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 4 pieces Ausab Australian Frozen Greenlip Abalone, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight, or canned abalone
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for stir frying
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10g ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons bean paste
- 2 cups dashi soup stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 teaspoons of water to form a paste
- 120g seasonal vegetables
- Clean the abalone and cut into serving sizes.
- Place the oil, garlic, ginger and bean paste into a wok and stir fryfor 1 minute.
- Add the abalone and leave over the heat until all ingredients are cooked.
- Add the stock.
- Keep on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the abalone becomes tender and absorbs the flavours.
- Add the cornstarch paste and vegetables and stir fry until the vegetables are tender.