Pan Fried Abalone
with Oregano, Lemon and Cracked Pepper
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 6 pieces Ausab Premium Australian Abalone, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 20g butter
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped Italian parsley
- Clean the abalone and slice the meat horizontally into 3 to 4 pieces.
- Place the sliced abalone meat in a medium sized non-metallic bowl. Add olive oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice, tossing to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate, allowing the abalone to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place a wok over a high heat and add butter. Once the butter has melted add the abalone and marinade.
- Cook very quickly (around 20-30 seconds) until the meat is just cooked.
- Add salt and pepper and garnish with the chopped parsley.